Thursday, December 20, 2012

{Christmas Treats and DIY Parchment bags}

Hi friends! I hope you've had a fabulous Christmasy type week! I've been making lots of gifts and treats and today I'm sharing what I'm giving to our neighbors!

I went with SUPER easy treats this year! My motto is always "simple food tastes the best".

Fist up...

Christmas Crackers:
1 box/bag oyster crackers
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 250. Mix together ranch, oil, & garlic powder. Add crackers to ranch mixture and toss evenly with wooden spoon to coat. Line cookie sheet with foil {I hate washing cookie sheets} spread crackers evenly onto sheet. Bake for 15 stirring every 5.

Seriously people. These are AMAZING. I'm not actually sure how much the neighbors will get if I don't back away from the bowl.

OK, next is the easiest fudge in the world. Three ingredients. You ready?

3 Ingredient Fudge:
3 cups chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla

Melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk together until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour in to parchment lined 8" square pan. Let sit for 4 hours or until cooled completely. Remove from pan. Peel off parchment and cut into pretty little squares.

Alright now for the treat bags. I had originally intended on buying little clear bags at Target, but they were out so I had to get crafty and make some little parchment bags.

 I don't know about you, but I think those are a million times cuter than what I could have bought at Target!

Parchment Bag Instructions:
Take your roll of parchment and cut a 6" piece from the roll. Fold the bottom up but leave a 3 inch portion as your flap. Sew down each side with a 1/4" seam. Fold flap down and adhere with some fancy washi tape! So simple and cute!

Each bag will hold about a cup of crackers or 6 pieces of fudge.

Enjoy friends and Merry Christmas to YOU!!!



Elizabeth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm so obsessed with those bags!! And I think I'll try making those crackers for my neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, yummy, pretty! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...