Tuesday, December 6, 2011

{recipe}…super simple guacamole!

Hi friends! I am sharing my super simple guacamole recipe with you today! I have been making this for several years now it is always a big hit! Only 5 ingredients…here we go!

Guac_text

The ingredients are very basic. I am a simple cook. I think simple food with few ingredients is the way to go! The secret ingredient here is the olive oil…yes I found a way to make avocados more fattening…you’re welcome!!!! It makes it so smooth and creamy…YUM. The lemon adds a great citrus flavor and the the salt just brings it all together. It’s so good. All you need is:

Ingredients_text

2 Avocados
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp olive oil

Directions:

Slice open avocados. Remove seeds and scrape out the yummy goodness into a bowl. Roll your lemon on the counter a few times to get the juices going, then squeeze the juice of one half into the bowl. Add 1/2 tsp salt. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Finely chop up the onion and throw that in too. Mix it all together and let it sit at least one hour in the fridge before serving! Enjoy :)

I doubled the recipe because I had 4 avocados that needed to get used. 

I am serving it tonight with this…

image

and tomorrow night with this…

image

and of course it’s delicious like this for parties…

Guac_Chips

but right now I’m eating it like this…

IMG_5595

Feel free to "pin" this tasty recipe for future use!

Have a happy day!

Elizabeth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...