Sunday, August 15, 2010

A recipe and a “green” craft!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We had a nice visit with my mom and step-dad (and their dogs!) and had a great little birthday party for Carter yesterday…more on that this week!

I saw this tutorial over at Living with Punks and thought it was such a great idea to be crafty and “Green” all at the same time! Here is a YUMMY recipe for Green Chile Cornbread and pics of the tin can pin cushion I made from the green chili can!

I gave it to my mom for her birthday!

Green Chile Cornbread

image

(2) 8 oz pkgs of Jiffy cornbread mix

(1) 8 1/4 oz can cream style corn

(1) 4 1/2 oz can chopped green chiles, drained

1 cup shredded cheddar

1/2 cup sour cream

1/4 cup milk

2 eggs, lightly beaten

Directions:

Combine all ingredients until dry ingredients are just moistened. Pour batter into sprayed 9x13. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!

Super Cute Tin Can Pin Cushion

110_3569

So fun! My crafty mom loves it!

Can’t wait to make one for me so I ditch my tomato pin cushion!

-E

A special thank you to all the link party hostesses!

Please visit their blogs and show them some love!

8 comments:

  1. great idea!!

    ...visiting from Sassy Sites! I'm a new follower! Come by and say HI! I love your blog! It's such a SASSY site! :)

    I also do vinyl :)
    www.choosethewriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is just precious!!! Love the colors! Be sure to link it up to my Friday party :D
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I need to ditch my tomato pin cushion too!! I've totally been meaning to make one of these too!! Yummy cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy cornbread recipe and cute pincushion that makes me smile. What's not to love? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your blog!! I am so glad I discovered it - linked over from (I can't remember where!!) Either way - I'm here, and I'm so excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab blog! I'm so happy I found you. Can't wait to read more! I am also following your tweets ... and learned you're an OC girl! I grew up there and moved to Pasadena 7 years ago.

    Happy Tuesday ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. that corn bread looks good!
    Don't forget to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pin cushion, and that cornbread sounds GREAT they'd go perfect with my G'ma's beans! Thank you for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...